St Joseph’s has employed three Instructional Leaders to work with teachers and students, to ensure the best possible outcomes for students.
Instructional Leaders play an important role at St Joseph’s in improving teaching and learning opportunities for our students. They do this by:
- modelling expert practice
- team teaching
- observing or working with a targeted group of students within the classroom
- analysing data
- evaluating teaching practice
- examining student work
- running Case Management meetings
- participating in regular “Instructional Walks” to observe and improve teaching practice
- collaborating with teachers to improve student academic success
- deliver focused professional learning to staff
- collaborate with system leadership
The Instructional Leaders are also responsible for ensuring the St Joseph’s PBS4L framework is operating in each learning space.
Come and see learning in action at St Joseph's Kingswood!
We’d love a chance to show you how learning works for young people in our school. Our dedicated teachers plan the learning in detail to help each child do his or her best.