On Tuesday we were visited by 25 educational leaders from China who came to St Joseph’s to learn about education in Australia.
We shared with them all the great things that are happening at St Joseph’s Kingswood. They spent some time with the leadership team going through different teaching methods used at St Joseph's. They experienced some of the numeracy activities our children do and spent time in the classrooms and loved engaging with the children on the playground.
We asked them what the difference was between Australian and Chinese schools. They reflected that:
- we know each of our children and are teaching to their individual needs
- the teachers must work very hard to teach in this way
- the learning is engaging and challenging
- the children are alive with excitement about their learning
- the children are very friendly and happy
- we are preparing our children for life not just for a test.